Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Resignation Letter Submitted

Just now, I passed my signed resignation letter to my GM. Yes, this time it is official and no reverse gear is available. My last day will be on 3 Sept 2007. As I have around 10 days leave available, I will use them to offset the last two weeks of my service and my last day virtually will be on 17 August.

I voiced this news to my GM and SM during lunch time last week. They did not look that surprised maybe because I'm already on the way out to another plant. We talked and they were quite supportive and understanding. SM even suggested me to tender the letter earlier to avoid troubles later on. Soon, a few more people got to know this including my DD. Yesterday was Monday and we had a department meeting of all the engineers at PUBRC. As expected, quite a few people talked with me about my leaving and a number of them were surprised. During the meeting, I gave a presentation of the MBR plant I've been running. I believe it was wonderfully done since everybody was listening very attentatively and interactions were frequent. Director even asked all to thank me for the job well done. Just before the meeting went to an end, my first GM, now DD, asked me in front of everybody that if I have something to announce. I was hesitated at first since I thought it might not be appropriate while a second thought asked me to take it positively that it was rare to have such an opportunity to say thank you to everybody. I went up and simply stated my resignation and where I'm going. I also thanked all for their guidance and help in my three years of service. And that was it.

Last Saturday, my wife and I went to Chinatown for airticket to Paris. However, astonishingly enough, flights of almost all airlines there on the two days I planned were not available. The reason, as explained by the ticket agent, is that all the Europeans who come to Singapore for holiday are returning at that time. Finally I had to take Air France on 21 Aug which was said to have only two seats left and it cost me 1,700+ for one way. While luckily enough, after the agent knew that I'm a student, she helped search one more time for other options and British Airway came in. The ticket is on 20 Aug with transfer at London Heathrow but it only cost 1,200+. Though I had to leave a bit earlier and travel for 3 hours more, it worth the money. As said by my wife, this 500 buck "savings" is almost enough for my clothes etc.

Later we went to other places to shop, mainly for things that will be needed during Autumn and Winter time there. I need to thank my wife again. She was so nice and helpful that without her I may not be able to make the trip. ^_^ probably.

We look for shoes and there are a few "CAT" brand ones I liked very much. However, it seems that Singaporean are crazy about shoes or the sales, all those model I like have gone of out of stock of my size. We even went to the main outlet of a sport shop in City Hall but not a single pair was left. In the end, we bought one pair at Jurong Point and it was very nice too.

Haha, as usually, the resignation letter is put up here for memory.


And, I just realize that this is my 100th post of my blog. Congratulations hah! ^_^

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

hi, so long time not to see updated blog lah

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone

[url=http://www.internetmosque.net ] Translations of the meaning of the Quran [/url]


Religious Wars

--------------
15th century: Crusades against Hussites, thousands slain. [DO30]
1538 pope Paul III declared Crusade against apostate England and all English as slaves of Church (fortunately had not power to go into action). [DO31]
1568 Spanish Inquisition Tribunal ordered extermination of 3 million rebels in (then Spanish) Netherlands. Thousands were actually slain. [DO31]
1572 In France about 20,000 Huguenots were killed on command of pope Pius V. Until 17th century 200,000 flee. [DO31]
17th century: Catholics slay Gaspard de Coligny, a Protestant leader. After murdering him, the Catholic mob mutilated his body, "cutting off his head, his hands, and his genitals... and then dumped him into the river [...but] then, deciding that it was not worthy of being food for the fish, they hauled it out again [... and] dragged what was left ... to the gallows of Montfaulcon, 'to be meat and carrion for maggots and crows'." [SH191]
17th century: Catholics sack the city of Magdeburg/Germany: roughly 30,000 Protestants were slain. "In a single church fifty women were found beheaded," reported poet Friedrich Schiller, "and infants still sucking the breasts of their lifeless mothers." [SH191]
17th century 30 years' war (Catholic vs. Protestant): at least 40% of population decimated, mostly in Germany. [DO31-32]


For more details [url=http://www.internetmosque.net ]click her[/url]






|

All of us will die one day INCLUDING YOU.

so before you die you must find out where the HELL you are going too.

You must find out

who is our savior Jesus or ?

You may sleep tonight and never get up in the morning?

You may die today.

You may die within a week

You may die within a month

you may die within a year

you may die within the next ten years

one thing for sure

You will die

so find out how is our savior so that he may save you.

http://www.internetmosque.net/saviour/index.htm

http://www.internetmosque.net/songes/s/1.htm

http://www.internetmosque.net/songes/s/17.htm

http://www.internetmosque.net/

http://www.internetmosque.net/quran/quraneng/index.htm

http://www.internetmosque.net/audio...n_Yahya/1_w.htm

http://www.internetmosque.net/audio...f-Estes/1_w.htm

http://www.internetmosque.net/audio...ilips/1-1_w.htm